McBride Pride

I’ve been feeling really connected to the McBrides for the last few weeks. One big reason is that the work that the EBoard has been doing has actually resulted in visible change for the community, in ways that feel affirming and important. Customs was an absolute blast, there are new cubbies in the lounge (replacing the giant, ugly lockers that used to dominate the space), and we actually put up legit useful bulletin boards in the beginning of the semester! There’s an info board that is actually being used for (you guessed it) information! Maybe that sounds like it’s a small thing, but last year it was a little like the boards had taken up residence on the Island of Misfit Toys. I think there was a Tiffin menu hung on one of them for most of Spring. I feel like the changes we’ve been making this year are going to be positive in the long-term, leaving a legacy for the next handful of McB’s to come through the Mawr.

One of the best things to happen this semester, though, has been the design and sale of the super cute t-shirts in this picture, being modeled by Pam and Syona.

fly

Someone submitted the text on the shirt to last year’s college news wishue, and the McB’s were so tickled and touched and flattered and happy that we made the sentiment into a t-shirt. Also, I might have framed that little section of the news. It’s the little things, friends.

For the first time (as far as I know, alums correct me if I’m wrong!), we’re selling swag specifically for everyone else. The response has been overwhelming! We’re going to have to order another run of shirts. Sometimes we McB’s get a little down about our separate-but-not status on campus, and it feels really excellent to have so many students show us love. If you’re interested in a shirt, get in touch!