Hello, Summer!

To ease my transition (and yours) out of the academic year and into the summer, I’m posting a playlist here that I initially submitted to the college news. The issue didn’t come out before Commencement, but I still want to share with you a set of songs that move in all the ways I want songs to move when things around me are changing.

When everything is in flux and the world feels like it’s spinning too fast, I gravitate toward songs that are slow and kind of sad in the beginning, but build into a giant, crashing, hopeful crescendo eventually. The list is structured so that the whole thing functions in the same way- if you can get through the first few, I promise, you’ll feel a little better by the end.

I guess that’s kind of true for a lot of things, right? Take it a day at a time, and maybe it’ll be a little better at the end.

1. Soltero- Communist Love Song
  2. Leonard Cohen- Famous Blue Raincoat
  3. David Bowie- 5.15 The Angels Have Gone
  4. Ani DiFranco- You Had Time
  5. Raining Jane- Clementine
  6. Sufjan Stevens- All Of Me Wants All Of You
  7. Counting Crows- Anna Begins
  8. Sigur Ros-Olsen Olsen
  9. Little Comets- Waiting In The Shadows Of The Dead Of Night
  10. Bleachers- I Wanna Get Better
  11. Josh Ritter- To The Dogs Or Whoever
  12. Florence + The Machine- Dog Days Are Over
  13. Wiz Khalifa/Phantogram (The Hood Internet)- Move Up

https://www.sendspace.com/file/iu3mw1

Enjoy, and reach out if this has touched you, or if you think it’s terrible, or even just to say hey. This is the last post, officially, for this blog. It’s been a joy to write about my life for you this year. Good luck with everything, and I hope Bryn Mawr is as good for you as it was for me.

11270278_10203467640446352_5770024144716001534_o