Vote! Vote! Vote!

The April 2015 elections round is happening RIGHT NOW! I have a lot of feelings about elections- when I was nominated last year to serve on the Honor Board, it was a total surprise. I gave it a lot of thought, and I decided that I’d accept the nomination and run for the position. If someone out there in Bryn Mawr land thought that I was capable, then I really wanted to see what it was all about, and prove them right. (And that is just as valid a reason as getting to Bryn Mawr and knowing immediately that the Honor Board is your one true calling, right? Right.) So I ran, and I was elected, and it has been a great year. I loved my time on the Honor Board, and I’m bummed that I couldn’t do it again. I’ve met students, formed relationships with deans and faculty members I might not have even met otherwise, and learned more about what it really takes to make this community tick.

I’m indebted to the 2014-15 Honor Board for showing me that a diverse group really can work well together, and for being so great at decompressing when needed. We’re also collectively pretty great at orientations (and coloring!). I think I’ve served the position well, and I’m excited for the next bunch to come in and have as rewarding an experience as I’ve had.

My friend Miranda is running for a 1 Year Class of 2016 Honor Board Representative position, and as her informal campaign manager, I’ve got to put this out there: Vote for Miranda Smith! She’s got a deep, deep love for this community, and she wants to help make it even better. There’s no two ways around it, she should be on the Honor Board. More information on the poster below:

MIRANDAHONORBOARD